One of the state-of-the-art technologies used at Citrus Smiles is cone beam 3D imaging. Also known as CBCT scanning, this imaging technology provides our dentists and team with a three-dimensional image reconstruction of your oral structures, including your teeth, mouth, jaw, neck, ears, nose and throat. Cone beam imaging is highly effective in diagnosing and evaluating dental problems and in treatment planning, providing us with a highly comprehensive view of your mouth and oral structures so that we can plan and provide you with individualized, high-quality care. As it is more comprehensive than standard digital X-rays, our dentists may require you to receive cone beam imaging in addition to a standard X-ray before making a diagnosis and receiving treatment, especially if your case is more complex.
Cone beam imaging is commonly used to:
- Plan dental implant placement
- Evaluate the jaws and face
- Capture a comprehensive view of the head and neck
- Diagnose tooth decay and other dental problems
- Diagnose endodontic issues and plan root canal treatment
- Analyze trauma to the mouth and face
- Plan and evaluate the progress of orthodontic treatment
- Assess TMJ disorders
- Visualized abnormal teeth
For more information about cone beam imaging in Murphy and Wylie, Texas, and to schedule a consultation with our dentists, call our office today at 972-472-8862.