Our dentists offer dental crowns to restore teeth that have sustained significant damage from injury or decay. Also known as dental caps, crowns are versatile restorations that are custom-made to fit over the entire visible portion of the tooth, restoring its shape and size and protecting it from further damage. Our dentists may recommend a crown to:
- Protect a tooth following a root canal
- Anchor and attach a dental bridge
- Cap a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of your teeth and smile
- Improve a misshapen tooth
- Strength a tooth that is fractured or otherwise weakened
- Support a tooth with a large filling and little remaining natural tooth structure
When you receive a dental crown, plan on having two visits with our dentists. During the first appointment, we will take impressions and prepare your tooth to receive the crown. A temporary crown will be provided to cover your tooth before the final crown is completed. At the second appointment, our dentists will check that your crown fits properly before permanently bonding it into place. Most crowns today are made of porcelain, as it matches the natural color and translucence of your tooth enamel.
For more information about dental crowns in Murphy and Wylie, Texas, and to schedule a consultation with our dentists, call Citrus Smiles today at 972-472-8862.