We may recommend a dental bridge if you have lost a single tooth or several teeth in a row. Bridges are a type of fixed (non-removable) restoration, and they are secured in place through the use of dental crowns placed on either side of the gap caused by your missing teeth. These crowns help ensure that your bridge remains stable and will not shift or come loose in your mouth. In some cases, our dentists may use dental implants to anchor your bridge rather than crowns.
Dental bridges work to restore your smile and oral health by:
- Restoring your oral function, including your ability to speak and eat normally
- Alleviating excess stress on your bite
- Supporting the shape and volume of your face
- Preventing your natural teeth from shifting out of their proper positions
- Improve the appearance of your smile by closing the gap between your teeth
- Replacing removable partial dentures
It typically requires two appointments to complete a dental bridge. The first appointment will include taking impressions and preparing the teeth to either side of the gap to receive crowns. At the second appointment, our dentists will check that your bridge fits your teeth and smile correctly before bonding it into place.
We welcome you to call Citrus Smiles at 972-472-8862 to schedule a consultation with our dentists and find out if a dental bridge in Murphy and Wylie, Texas, is right for you.