If your teeth have sustained minor damage from cavities or cracking, our skilled dentists may recommend a dental filling to repair and restore your teeth and smile. Fillings work by literally “filling in” the damaged portions of the tooth, restoring their shape and structure. Here at Citrus Smiles, we have chosen to use only composite, or tooth-colored, filling material to help ensure a natural-looking final result for your teeth and smile.
Benefits of composite dental fillings include:
- Use of a material that bonds to your tooth and provides greater support for the tooth
- Stronger tooth structure and resistance to tooth breakage or fracturing
- Reduced temperature sensitivity
- Resistance to dental decay and cavities
- Conservative treatment alternatives for small dental cavities
- Healthier, metal and mercury-free treatments
When you receive a dental filling. Our dentists will thoroughly clean the tooth and remove any damaged tooth tissue from the area. Filling material that matches your natural tooth color will then be placed into the area and shaped to match the contours of your tooth. Finally, the filling will be hardened and polished to complete your treatment. This entire process can be completed in a single visit to Citrus Smiles.
If you have any questions about composite dental fillings in Murphy and Wylie, Texas, or to schedule an appointment with our dentists, call us today at 972-472-8862!